Listen up ladies.
We found us the best marshmallow recipe you ever did taste.
We won’t lie. They are fluffy beyond belief and they lasted about 67 seconds before there were none left (We made 2 batches)
Those puppies didn’t stand a chance with us Tottie troopers.
WHAT YOU NEED
2 tbsp. of powdered gelatin
1 cup cold water, divided
2 cups granulated sugar
¼ tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla extract
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
1. In a small bowl, combine the gelatin and half of the water.
2. Take a cookie sheet or cutting board and cover it with a thin layer of the powdered sugar.
3. In a medium sauce pan, combine the granulated sugar and the remaining water and cook it over a medium heat until the sugar is fully dissolved.
4. Add in gelatin and bring the mixture to a boil over a medium high heat, then removing it from the burner.
5. Add in the salt and vanilla extract.
6. Transfer the mixture to a stand mixer and whisk it on low for 1-2 minutes. This is to cool the mixture as you should see a lot of steam exiting the mixing bowl.
7. Once the steam from the mixing bowl has subsided a bit, turn the speed up to full. Do this for about 10 minutes, or until the mixture has doubled in size. Once it is thick and creamy, you are done.
8. Pour the mixture into a non-stick 9x12 pan and let cool. Once cooled, cut the marshmallows into squares and dust with powdered sugar.
9. Drop those yummies into your favorite hot cocoa or eat them solo.
Comments will be approved before showing up.